Tuesday, June 15, 2010

And the Winner in the "Text-to-Speech Blackberry app" category is.....

...VLINGO!!
I have been using Vlingo since WES and I love it!!
I heard a competing product has improved since I last tested it but I am not compelled to give it a second chance. Vlingo is my choice for reading text and email messages.
My only problem is remembering to turn the SafeReader off when I get home. I have placed my Blackberry next to the bed and have startled everyone in the household when my midnight server status email messages arrived. I have changed me left convenience key to activate Vlingo so I simply press it, wait a few seconds then say "Safe Reader Off". Sasha, the name I gave my Vlingo's female voice, replies with "Safe Reader Off" and I know I am "good to go".
Try Vlingo yourself and let me know.
I upgraded to Vlingo Plus and can dictate email messages but mainly use it to dictate short text messages.

BTW, my right convenience key is assigned to Quick Launcher which I will tell you about in another post.

Lonnie

Disclaimer....I am in no way compensated by Vlingo or any other app developer. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment