Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Disappearing Blackberry Calendar Entries

I just responded to an email from a friend who suddenly lost her calendar entries on her Blackberry from weeks ago. She likes to refer back to past entries but cannot find them.
I explained that her calendar may not be set to keep entries.
She is using her personal Blackberry and is not on a BES.
The calendar on the Blackberry is set by default to keep appointments for 60 days.
Older entries are automatically deleted from the Blackberry.

To keep appointments, I told her the following:
  • While viewing your Calendar, press the Blackberry Button and select Options
  • Select "General Options"
  • Scroll down to 'Keep Appointments' click on whatever is there and scroll to change it to 'Forever'
  • Press the Blackberry Button and press Save. Then exit back to Calendar.
She thanked me and called me a "genius". LOL

I have been using Blackberry devices since '98 and supporting them for over 7 years for various customers.

I have owned several devices over the years starting with my 850 and currently own a 9630 Tour and a 9000. I am PATIENTLY waiting for my Pre-ordered PLAYBOOK.
(6 more days to go)


Lon

    No comments:

    Post a Comment